This article originally appeared in the "Your Edge" section of April's Lacrosse Magazine. Don't get the mag? Join US Lacrosse and its 300,000-plus members today to start your complimentary subscription.
Your Playbook: Midfield 4-on-3 Alley, 4-on-4 Slide
This drill was excerpted from the US Lacrosse Men's Drill Manual, which is available for purchase
online. Visit www.uslacrosse.org and click "USL Shop" to buy your copy today.
A transition exercise, it utilizes a long pole at the midfield
line. The long pole tries to bait or run with a midfielder, who
initiates the drill from the corner.
1. G outlets to M1, who races up field.
2. LP at midfield either feathers or baits M1.
3. M1 passes to M2, who tries to force a defensive slide for an unsettled situation.
4. Upon a shot, goal or turnover, G2 releases the ball to M3, who races up field in the opposite direction.
5. LP, if beaten badly, should go to the hole and check the backside pipe.