- U.S. National Team (2010-12)
Team USA by making a gift in Katie's honor:
- Entering senior year at Maryland
- Tewaaraton Award winner (2012), finalist (2011)
- Honda Sports Award finalist (2011)
- IWLCA National Midfielder of the Year (2011)
- IWLCA All-America first team (2011-12), third team (2010)
- ACC Offensive Player of the Year (2012)
- All-ACC first team (2010-12)
- ACC Championship Most Valuable Player (2012)
- All-ACC Tournament Team (2011-12)
- NCAA All-Tournament team (2010-12)
- ACC Rookie of the Year (2010)
- As a junior, led ACC and ranked second nationally with 72 goals, the fifth-highest mark in Terps single-season history, and scored in every game. Also ranked second on the Terps in ground balls, draw controls and caused turnovers.
- As a sophomore, led Maryland in goals (65) and totaled 45 draw controls, 22 caused turnovers and 38 ground balls.
- Scored 33 goals as a freshman, including three in Maryland's victory over Northwestern in the 2010 NCAA championship game.
Getting to know…
- Nickname? Shorty
- Other sports played in high school? Soccer, basketball
- Favorite lacrosse player? Jen Adams
- Favorite athlete from another sport? Ray Lewis
- Best advice received from a coach? Always believe in yourself and trust your instincts.
- Strengths as a player? Speed
- What should every player at your position know, or need to be able to do on the field? Play both offense and defense
- Favorite drill? 4v3 transition
- What’s the most important part of your preparation for a season? I work out with my Maryland trainer Mike Szemborski all year and in the summer.
- What’s one tip you have for young lacrosse players? Pick up your stick whenever you have the opportunity.
- Best lacrosse moment? Winning the 2010 National Championship.
- Fun fact? Sister, Lauren, also plays for Team USA.