- U.S. National Team (2012)
Team USA by making a gift in Liz's honor:
- Syracuse’s all-time leader in saves (654) and ground balls (179)
- IWLCA Goalkeeper of the Year (2010)
- IWLCA All-America First Team (2010)
- NCAA single-season saves leader (2010)
- Big East Defensive Player of the Year (2010)
- All-Big East first team (2008-10), second team (2011)
- All-Big East Tournament team (2008)
- Big East leader in GAA (2008-10) and save percentage (2008, 2010-11)
- Tewaaraton Award nominee (2010), watch list (2009, 2011)
Getting to know…
- Other sports played in high school? Tennis
- Favorite lacrosse player? Tillman Johnson
- Favorite athlete from another sport? Dan Marino
- Best advice received from a coach? Don’t be afraid to try something new, especially in practice, because that is the only way you’ll expand your game and it won’t count against you like it will in a game.
- Strengths as a player? Clearing and communication
- What should every player at your position know, or need to be able to do on the field? Have a solid foundation of fundamentals. Goalkeeping is an interesting position in that there are a variety of beliefs in how to approach it, but you need to believe in something and go with it.
- What’s the most important part of your preparation for a season? Extra reps outside of practice with a trusted shooter and studying film of myself and my opponents (everyone has a habit).
- Game-day ritual? Warm up with two sticks (similar to using a weighted stick).
- Tip for young players? Try to find an older player that you can look up to and emulate their moves. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or to try something new.
- Best lacrosse moment? My first trip to the NCAA Final Four.
- Fun fact? I have a twin sister, Allyson.