Weather Forces Last-Minute Schedule Changes
from staff reports
Several college lacrosse games throughout the country have been postponed or cancelled due to severe winter weather in the Northeast.
Lacrosse Magazine Online has received the following updates.
Division I Men
* No. 14-ranked UMass was unable to make it out of Amherst for
its scheduled game Saturday at Ohio State. The game has been
cancelled and is unlikely to be rescheduled. OSU had sold out the
Woody Hayes Athletic Center for the UMass game.
* Ohio State will instead host Detroit Mercy at 12 noon indoors at Woody Hayes Athletic Center, the Titans announced Friday. Detroit is 0-1 with a loss to Bellarmine, 12-8, on Feb. 6. Freshman Joel Matthews (St. Catharines, ON/Holy Cross) made his Titan debut with four goals in that contest en route to MAAC Rookie of the Week honors.
* Robert Morris at Manhattan has been postponed from today until tomorrow at 12 noon.
* Villanova at Lehigh, scheduled for Saturday, has been postponed. No make-up date has been announced.
* St. John's trip to Air Force has been delayed, and the teams have rescheduled Saturday's 12 p.m. game to Sunday at 5 p.m. Mountain time.
* Rutgers' home game against No. 20-ranked UMBC has been moved from Saturday to Sunday at 3 p.m.
* Hobart was originally scheduled to host No. 6-ranked Cornell in both teams' season openers Saturday, but the game has been moved to Sunday as part of a double header at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse. Top-ranked Syracuse will face Army at 3 p.m. in a game that was originally scheduled to start at 5 p.m. Following the conclusion of that game, Cornell and Hobart will meet at 6 p.m.
Division I Women
* Fairfield at Quinnipiac has been postponed from today until
* Fresno State at La Salle has been postponed, with no make-up date set.
* Vermont at No. 14-ranked Penn State, scheduled for Saturday at 12:30 p.m., has been postponed. The two teams will try to reschedule the game at a date and time to be announced later.
* Albany at Hofstra, originally scheduled for Saturday, has been moved to Monday at 3:30 p.m.
* Rutgers' home game against No. 20-ranked Cornell has been moved from Saturday to Sunday at 12 noon.
Division II Men
* A highly anticipated showdown between No. 4 Merrimack and No.
1 C.W. Post scheduled for Saturday has been postponed due to
unplayable field conditions at Post. The game will be made up,
possibly as early as Sunday.
Division III Men
* The Springfield at Nazareth game has been bumped back until
Sunday at noon.
* Susquehanna at Washington & Jefferson has been postponed from Saturday to Sunday at 12 noon.
* Tim Marshall's debut as the head coach at Scranton will have to wait, as the Royals' home opener against No. 14-ranked Ithaca College has been postponed to Tuesday at 3:30 p.m.
Division III Women
* Shenandoah at Washington & Jefferson has been postponed from Saturday to Sunday at 3 p.m.
* No. 3-ranked Salisbury's home game Saturday against Elizabethtown has been moved from 1 to 3 p.m., with the game now being played at Sea Gull Stadium.
comments powered by Disqus