Morning Jac: First Take on MCLA Tourney
It's March, right? Time for my first shot at the tournament
seeds for the MCLA Division I tournament. Don't get crazy on me;
we're just spitballing here. I'm going on what we know, polls, and
1. Michigan (CCLA) – Whatever.
2. Colorado State (RMLC) – This spot proved uncomfortable for the Rams in '10.
3. BYU (At-Large) – Cougars appear to be a threat for No. 2 at this point.
4. Chapman (SLC) – No. 4 & 5 are interchangeable depending on SLC champion.
5. Arizona State (At-large) – See: Chapman.
6. Duluth (UMLL) – We'll know a lot more after this weekend.
7. Colorado (At-large) – Going on a bit of faith with this pick.
8. Florida State (SELC) – Virginia Tech appears to be the only threat.
9. Michigan State (At-large) – That schedule is going to score points.
10. Cal Poly (WCLL) – WCLL title appears to be in the bag. Playing for a seed.
11. UCSB (At-large) – Needs some magic on the Michigan trip to move up.
12. Utah (At-large) – This one is still up in the air. It's the Utes now, but many in the mix.
13. Texas (LSA) – There's no weight to the schedule. A nightmare No. 13 without question.
14. Oregon (PNCLL) – Still a long way to go, but that's big hole to dig out of.
15. Boston College (PCLL) – UNH will be here if the Wildcats snag the PCLL.
16. Illinois (GRLC) – I'll give the Illini the nod now, but plug in whatever GRLC team you want.
SIDENOTE: I've posted Schooling Schooler and Coyne v. Censer pick 'em competitions in the last couple of days. Look for the Weekender sometime this afternoon.
Best & Worst
- Best Thing About Today: The contest between No. 8 Minnesota-Duluth and No. 4 BYU. Two teams ticketed for Denver that can lay it all on the line tonight in Provo.
- Worst Thing About Today: I'm bringing my 4-year-old son to a Monster Truck 'show' this evening. The idea of telling people I spent my Friday evening at "Thunder Slam" isn't gratifying, but my son is a junky. Sadly, no Grave Digger.